MSC physics distance education ignou
The Indira Gandhi National Open University established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, is one of the leading Universities in the world with knowledge and capabilities in the area of Open and Distance Learning. The University provides seamless access to education at all levels ranging from Awareness Programme to Doctoral Degrees.
As a result of the talks on Scheme on Convergence held at the New Delhi IGNOU Head quarters, the convergence scheme was started at Jyoti Nivas College in February 2008.
The Main Objective of the Scheme on Convergence is to achieve the projected targets related to access and equity in High Education during the XIth plan. A Convergence between the Conventional University System and the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) System through enhanced and optimal utilization of the physical facilities, intellectual and knowledge resources in colleges is an integral part of this Scheme.
In association with IGNOU, Jyoti Nivas College offers a wide range of Programmes both short-term and long-term leading to Certificates, Diplomas, Post Graduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Degreees, Post Graduate degrees and Doctoral degrees, which are conventional as well as innovative. These courses are launched with a view to fulfill the learner's needs for
Improvement of skills
Acquisition of professional qualifications
Continuing education and professional development at work place
Diversification and updating of knowledge
- Ph.D & M.Phil. (Management, Chemistry, English, Hindi, Economics, Sociology, Zoology & Psychology)
- Master of Arts (M.A.) (English, Hindi, History, Economics, Psychology, Sociology and Tourism)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Finance, Marketing, Human Resource and Operation Management)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Tourism Management (MTM)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) (English, Hindi, History, Economics, Psychology, Sociology and Public Administration)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Retailing (BBAR)
- Bacelor of Llibrary and Information Science (BLIS)
- Post Graduation Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduation Diploma in Environment & Sustainable Development (PGDESD)
- Diploma in Tourism Studies (DTS)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education (DNHE)
- Certificate in Tourism Studies (CTS)
- Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)
We are always prepared to answer you (24x7)
Dr. Nirmala Vaz (Chief Co-ordinator)
Mrs. Uma Malini
Ms. Rama Mani
Mr. Raja Sekhar
Admission & Academic Counselling
We conduct orientation programme twice a year, one in August and the other in February.
The filled in application form should be submitted to IGNOU Office of Jyoti Nivas College. The Students can college their course information and study materials from the office between 8.30 A.M. and 5 P.M. The admission criteria for the above course are based on the guidelines framed by IGNOU. During Saturdays & Sundays, the Academic Counselling sessions will be also be conducted in Jyoti Nivas College Campus. To fulfill the required Counselling hours, class will also be conducted even on Government holidays. The detailed information about the class hour will be displayed on the notice board of the IGNOU Office.
We conduct classes on Saturday and Sundays for our IGNOU students.
Saturday: 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Sunday: 8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Dr. Nirmala Vaz (Coordinator),
IGNOU study center,
Administrative Block, 2nd floor,