Ma in sociology distance education
The online Graduate Certificate in Sociology at Appalachian
Study human behavior, social groups and social change with Appalachian State University's Graduate Certificate in Sociology available through Distance Education. Delve into both contemporary social issues and traditional institutions.
If you already have a master’s degree, you will graduate from this program ready to teach sociology at most institutions of higher education, backed by coursework that weaves together theory, practice and teacher preparation to prepare you for a meaningful career in an increasingly interconnected world.
Distance Education at Appalachian: Empowering adult learners with the skills to land meaningful careers
- Courses are delivered entirely online and asynchronously
- Two classes per semester, including summer
- Completion time: one year
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application Fee
- Official (sealed) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
- Statement of Intent
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|
Hear from an Alumnus
“This was a wonderful professional development opportunity. I would recommend the Graduate Certificate in Sociology for life-long-learners interested in their continued pursuit of excellence in the classroom. It is much more than a credentialing tool!”